6. ELTE Workshop for Arts Education
THE POWER OF THE ARTS – EXPRESSION, CREATION, HEALING, COGNITIVE AND EMOTIONAL DEVELOPMENT
On 14-16 June 2023, we invite artists, educators and researchers of the visual arts and design, dance and drama, music education and child / youth culture to meet in Budapest and present or listen to research papers, creative workshops and cultural programs. The 6th ELTE Workshop for Arts Education will start on 14 June, at 14:00 at the Hungarian University of Fine Arts with exhibitions and studio visits and continue at the Pesti Vigadó concert hall on 15-16 June, 9:00-18:00, with presentations, roundtable discussions and workshops. In the evenings, arts performances will be shown.
Organisers of the event: the Hungarian University of Fine Arts, in co-operation with the Bárczi Gusztáv Faculty of Special Needs Education, Faculty of Humanities, Primary and Pre-School Education, Pedagogy and Psychology, and supported by the Division of the Theory of Arts of the Hungarian Academy of the Arts.
The aim of the conference is to share and discuss results of education, development, and healing through the arts. The event is intended to catalyse synergies among Hungarian experts and their international peers. Lectures and posters will be presented in English and Hungarian.
Major topics of the conference in 2023-ban:
- The arts cultivate! Effects of arts-based programs in talent development and skills enhancement
- The arts heal! Art therapy in education and training.
- The arts sensitize! The response of arts education to social issues.
- The arts create synergies! Co-operation of mathematics, science, technology, and arts education.
- Arts create culture – culture creates art! new trends in child and youth culture research
Proceedings of the previous conferences: mpk.elte.hu/en
2 January 2023: start of the submission of abstracts for presentations and posters
20 March 2023: deadline of submissions
10 April 2023: notification of acceptance / rejection
5 May 2023: deadline for early-bird registration. All authors of papers and posters should register by this time.
14-16 June 2023: 6. ELTE Workshop for Arts Education
3 July 2023: submission of full texts for the conference book